How to train while traveling
Vacation or a business trip is not an excuse to give up your usual sports regime. Today, we will tell you how not to let yourself relax during the trip and use the hotel room for a full body training.
While traveling, we usually don’t find time to visit the gym. However, you can always find 15 minutes in your hotel room to get stronger. Use the free space of your room, as well as furniture, like a chair, a table, or a bed. The main thing is your desire, and do not let laziness prevail.
If you want to train as efficiently as possible, you will need additional weighting. You can use any heavy object to replace the weights, like a chair, a backpack, etc. Be sure to start the workout with a warm-up and only then move on to the main part.
- Let’s start with the exercises for the largest group of muscles – for the legs.Make 15-25 full squats.
- Take the weights and make another set.
- Keep your back straight.
- You also can squat on two stable chairs, while lowering the weight between your legs.
*Use your bag to replace the weight.
- Do 15-20 lunges back with each leg, and then as many side lunges.
- Monitor your technique – keep your back straight, and do not let the knee go beyond the toe of the foot.
- The number of sets is determined by the your health condition.
*It will be efficient, if you feel a characteristic burning sensation in the muscles during the last set.
3. PUSH UPS
Spread the blanket on the floor and make all variants of push-ups:
- with a narrow hands setting,
- with a broad hands setting,
- with your palms in the center,
- with the retraction back of the elbows pressed to the trunk.
If you find it hard to do push ups in the classic plank, exercise from your knees or do push ups from a base higher than the floor. For example, from the bed frame.
If the task is the opposite – to increase the load, put your feet on the bed, and your hands on the floor. This will help you train your pectoral muscles and triceps.
It will be enough to do 10 reps in each position.
4. REVERSE PUSH-UPS
- Sit on the bed, hands rest on the wooden bed frame.
- Put your feet forward so that your body weight remains only on your arms.
*Do 20 reverse push-ups. This will increase the load on the triceps arm muscle.
5. BICEPS FLEXION
Take bottles of water in your hands and perform 4 sets of 25 reps.
6. BACK EXTENSION WHILE LYING ON THE STOMACH
If the bed or sofa is more or less hard, you can do an exercise to strengthen the back.
- Lie on your stomach, hands along the trunk.
- On exhalation, lift the head and chest.
- On inspiration, lower down.
*Do three sets of 15 reps.
7. CRUNCHES ON THE FLOOR
- Lie on your back and bend your knees.
- Raise the shoulder girdle, while straining the abdominal muscles.
- If the goal of the training is fat burning, do the exercise without weights as long as you can do.
- To increase the muscle mass, do crunches with a bottle of water on your chest.
- To work out the oblique muscles of the stomach, do side crunches and crunches with the rotation of the body.
- In the first case, you need to lie on your side, rest on your elbows and start lifting the pelvis.
3*. In the second case, start from the supine position, and raise the shoulder girdle, then touch the right knee with your left elbow with your legs bent. Change your knee and leg.
Planck is an excellent static exercise.
- Get into the classic plank position and sink to the elbows.
- Make sure that your body retains its natural deflections and is parallel to the floor.
*Hold this position as much as you can.
You do not have to follow the prescribed sequence. However, it is beneficial to follow the rule:
The proposed complex can be turned into a circular training. To do this, each element should be performed 15 times, after which you proceed with the next element after a break of 20-30 seconds.
Having worked through the main muscle groups, do not forget about the stretching. Exercise for flexibility will help restore muscles and improve the mobility of joints. And, of course, eat properly even on trips, and drink more water. Thus, your business trips and holidays will not be accompanied by loss of shape and a gain of extra kilograms.