Each tablet and capsule of Adipex contains active and inactive ingredients. Active ingredient has a pharmacological effect, and inactive ingredients form pharmacodynamic properties of the drug.
- Each diet pill of Adipex-P contains 37.5mg of the active substance Phentermine Hydrochloride. The dosage of Phentermine Hydrochloride 37.5mg is equivalent to a dosage of Phentermine base 30mg.
- Each diet pill of Adipex Retard contains 75mg of the active substance Phentermine Resinate. The dosage of Phentermine Resinate 75mg is equivalent to a dosage of Phentermine base 15mg.
Thus, the dosage of Phentermine base in two diet pills Adipex Retard is identical to the dosage of Phentermine base in an Adipex-P pill. The dosage of Phentermine Resinate and Phentermine Hydrochloride in Adipex diet pills is always indicated in milligrams.
Alternative names of the active substance Phentermine
- Phentermine HCl
- Phentermine Resin Complex
The active ingredient Phentermine is classified as:
- Psychostimulant (the CNS stimulant)
- Sympathomimetic amines
- Anorexigenic (anorexic) agent
- Appetite suppressant
Inactive ingredients that do not provide therapeutic effect, but can cause unwanted adverse reactions are used in the production of Adipex Retard pills and Adipex-P pills. For example, Adipex Retard pills contain polyethylene glycol ricinoleate that can cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea in some patients.
Inactive ingredients of Adipex Retard pills
Inactive ingredients of Adipex-P pills
- Corn starch; microcrystalline cellulose; black iron oxide; pregelatinized starch; gelatin; magnesium stearate; lactose; titanium dioxide; sucrose; FD&C Blue 1; D&C Red 33; FD&C Red 40.
As an alternative to Adipex drug, one can use: